Thursday, May 1, 2014

The fabricator

Today was my first day working alone in my new position. How fantastic is it, that I can read and build something 3d out if something written down in 2d!?

This is my first assignment. I'm building 10 of these at the moment, and have many more coming in the next few weeks.
They are large planter boxes for the outside of a new development. They are 85 inches long, 11deep and 26 high. I combed over the plans before starting and caught 2 math errors!! ME CATCHING MATH ERRORS?! Who could have ever guessed? Haha

The front

Starting the side
My first finished one is the one in the back ground. I'm in the middle of the one in the foreground. The new guy welded it, so I asked if I could weld my own work as my machine runs nicer so my welds are more consistent. 

Look at my new rubber mallet!! Perhaps the tool that I use the most.

It is so strange to have a job that I enjoy so much. I love building things from nothing into something. A lot of men can't do it, and here I am..... A fabricator!! 
things are finally lining up for me! My employer thinks I'm great, (they also bought me a new auto-darkening welding mask as a gift to go with my new position!) and i have total job satisfaction! I like going to work! 

I'm dropping weight left and right, I love going to my new gym and am seeing results. I can't wait for this time next year. I better stick with it.

That's about it. Just living my life and needing a few more hours each day to accomplish all the things I need to get done. Working overtime every single work day really zaps your time. 

No comments:

Post a Comment