Thursday, May 8, 2014

Things


Drew made amazing fish tacos and pan fries on Monday


We made jam!!! I didn't know it was so easy! It is cranberry cinnamon jam and is delicious on oatmeal. (I hit my thumb with a hammer at work)

Going to the gym 4-6 times a week and getting in trouble half the time for my dirty runners prompted me to get new shoes. We went to the nike store and shoes were 125-300 dollars a pair!!! I found the exact same shoes in Winners that were in Nike for waaaaay less. And they aren't too flashy. I hate that it is nearly impossible to find shoes that aren't bright. 

Getting my sweat on!

My pretty new shirt and jeans that I couldn't fit into until now!

Last night was manicure night. My friend Sureena met me at the nail salon and we drank Corona and visited and laughed. My nail lady is the best! EV Nails in new Westminster, ask for Tracy. 

Most of the time I hate city living. I much rather live in the country (or quesnel). but I do love the flowers you get in the city. This huge bouquet was $6.

Alfie update, since every one asks. Alfie's kidney has healed however an ultrasound shows that his adrenal glands are much smaller than normal. He also has a massive bacterial or fungal infection blasting through his body. His feet are leaking and red and blistered. He has conjunctivitis and is supposed to be on bed rest. Bed rest is impossible for a 7 month old pitbull/lab cross! Eye drops, foot baths, creams, sprays and antibiotics aren't seeming to clear away his symptoms. Our poor baby boy! He doesn't seem phased that he is ill, so that's a relief. 

Our beautiful goddaughter is coming to visit over May long weekend! We will shop and go to skate parks (she has picked up skateboarding!) hopefully go to Lynn canyon for a hike or Bowen island for dinner. 
Then the weekend after momma is visiting! 
We will be doing our birthday stuff. Mom booked us a whale watching tour and I booked us massages at the Thai Spa! This could be the best weekend ever! I have always alway always wanted to go whale watching. Even if we don't see any whales, we will see happy fat seals and eagles and bears. 

Life is really coming together right now. And it feels amazing. 




No comments:

Post a Comment